Tuesday, September 16, 2014

No-Shampoo Update

I've done the whole baking soda and apple cider vinegar routine twice now.  I don't do it every day but like every third day.  The worst part is combing out my very long hair.  The first time I did the routine, I lost a lot of hair and afterward my hair felt lighter and seemed to dry more quickly.  The second time I lost a lot less hair.  (I have tons of hair -- I have so much hair that when I used to go and get layers I'd give them an extra big tip because it took so freaking long.  Hair dressers across the land have said that I don't have course hair, just so much medium hair.  Suffice it to say, even if I clog up the drain with hair, I still won't notice it on my head.)  It seems backwards to me that putting on the vinegar should feel soft and conditiony to my hair, but it does after the harshness of the baking soda.  (I have not yet managed to make a slurry out of it -- so far, I've just put too much water in.) 

The whole thing is a bit of a pain.  But Absurdist Partner said that my hair has never looked better -- it looks all lustrous and gorgeous, he says.  And I love anytime I can save myself from buying some extra product that I think I need.  So I'll likely continue on this.

The vegan thing is also getting good response from AP, though he's pretty sick of my cooking only vegan things.  He's been calling me "skinny," which I definitely am not.  I can comfortably wear jeans I couldn't put on about 6 weeks ago.  So his calling me "skinny" is very motivating!

I do also feel better in general though I'm fighting off a cold at the moment.  And today was crazy.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when we can relax.

No comments: