Sunday, October 5, 2008

Still Here, Still Pregnant, Still with Elephant Feet

I know I should be updating the world -- especially about how I have these fabulous friends in Grad City who totally surprised me by loading two boxes full of stuff that I then got to open at my shower, some 1,800 miles away. They are so sweet. As is One Tired Ema, who sent me a wonderful package as well. I, however, am not sweet. I am big and pregnant and grumpy. I am sick of myself and of being the hugest person alive. I just sent Absurdist Lover for chocolate -- no better direction than that. I don't know what I hope he'll bring back really, except that it should be chocolate and there should be a lot of it. According to the midwife, I'm due a week from today and look like I will go to term. I'm also uninducable at this point, at least as of Wednesday. I get non-stress tests all the time now and checked every five or so days. I'm ready to be done. I also spent a big part of the day in Grading Jail. Waaaaaaa. I'm just too grumpy to post right now. Did I mention that I'm also preparing job materials? Teaching two classes of unmotivated students who think they are still in high school? See why I don't post more often? I hope I'll have something nicer to say soon. Until then, I should probably only talk to the two people who can deal with me right now. Absurdist Lover will soon lose his patience. And I can't blame him. I'm awful.

6 comments:

Maude Lebowski said...

um, earnest, you're not awful, you're PREGNANT! don't be so hard on yourself. you're a week away. you've made it this far.

sending love and hugs.

medieval woman said...

As Maude said, you're preggers! You have a right to be grumpy! You're almost to the finish line - enjoy the chocolate!!

k8 said...

What the others said! Here's hoping that lots of yummy chocolaty goodness comes your way!

Kate said...

Maude said EXACTLY what I was going to say. You're pregnant. It's uncomfortable now. Force many people to wait on you, and move around when you have the inclination -- I found it helped a lot with discomfort. I did a lot of modified yoga on all fours in the last weeks.

Belle said...

Chocolate helps, right? And more is better. Hugs.

Jane D said...

Earnest, you're due so soon!! Amazing, amazing, amazing. I've been grumpy too, by the way. REALLY grumpy. With no good excuse! I'm missing you and really wishing I could be there this week! Sigh. Big hug from me, too.