Sunday, July 12, 2009

Moving Question

Okay, so trying to be cool like Maude and save the name of this blog, I made a private blog at wordpress. But instead of having a password that I can give out to people, wordpress seems to control access through people's usernames. (I seem to remember that someone fabulous had a password-protected blog but now I can't remember who or where it was.) The issue here is that in order to add people I need to know their wordpress usernames. Grrr. So, brilliant blogfolk, what do I do? Do I try to get y'all's wordpress usernames? Investigate where I remember having an actual password-protected blog? Or stick with blogger and change my blog name/URL because it's easy to add people's blogger names since so many of us are on blogger?

Hmmm. . .I could also just password-protect blogposts. Maybe that's the best because then I could actually use a password!

I'm a dork but I can't decide what I should do. What do y'all think?

1 comment:

Ink said...

Hi there: I don't think you have to gather everyone's usernames unless you want them to contribute as writers to the blog...I could be wrong, but I think it's possible to protect the blog with a password instead. To contact the WP people, when you're signed in and looking at your Dashboard, click Help on the far right corner, choose Support, and then send an email directly to them (they generally respond within a day or so and are very helpful). You could search the Forums, too, in Help but if the answer isn't there, then an email would be a great way to sort through the possibilites. :) Whatever you decide, I'd love to keep reading!