Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break Monday Freak Out

Absurdist Tot is at his new daycare. Gulp. I wish I could have a camera on him all the time so I could see what's going on there -- just so I could see how he is there and whether he's outgoing or reserved or having a good time or whatever. Not because I'm worried about the daycare. The people there seem great. Sigh. I'm totally a helicopter parent. But then, he's not even a year and a half old. I might get over it by the time he's in college. Especially if he's got all those weird boy smells.

I feel like these totally normal daycare people are going to figure out that the Absurdists are totally fringey -- that we don't help our child figure out how to sit still. They're going to figure me out -- that I'm a terrible person, a terrible human being. Like when my ex-therapist asked me what time I usually awakened, and I said that try as I might I don't really have a set schedule. He replied: "well, that's not very adult, is it?" Only he's saying it over and over and over in my head. Obsessive, are we?

So I have so much to do -- for the new quarter, doctor's appointments to schedule, sister's wedding and dress stuff, student loan stuff. I'm whelmed and overwhelmed. I'm embarrassed how behind I am in all things -- so much so that I dare not put my to-do list on the old blog. I'm all nervous and freaked out. Sigh. I've got a bunch of different tabs open -- and I keep flipping back and forth from this blogpost to a bunch of incoming emails. It's terrible. I need to control my input in order to be able to figure out what needs to be done first, then focus on just one thing and get it done. Furg, I need to mellow out just to be able to write a damn to-do list so I don't go mad mad mad. I'm not well. I need to calm down. (Did I mention that Absurdist Tot is going to daycare again on Thursday and then not on Friday because it's Good Friday? So I really have to be productive here.) I'm quite flippery. Soon, this is going to be a full-fledged coping-with-ADD blog.

Happy Monday. Blech.

1 comment:

profgrrrrl said...

Seriously? A therapist said that? Ugh!

-PG