Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back to the Old Accountablogging

One of the most difficult things about my life for me is using the little pockets of time I do have well. AL took Tot with him to Target, so I have a little time to grade. Oh dear, do I have to? But I want to just lie around and sleep a bit more. Look at seeds I should be starting very soon. Read blogs (though y'all are "helping" me with that one, since none of you are updating your blogs -- no doubt you're curled up sleeping, which is what I'd like to be doing).

But because public accountability/avoiding humiliation usually kicks me into gear, I'm blogging to let you know that I'm going to try to grade before the whirlwinds come back. I'd really like to grade three projects. I'll let you know how it goes.

***Update***

AL and Tot came in before I finished the third project, but then Tot was tired and fell asleep for his nap. So now I've finished the third one and geared myself up for working on a fourth. Though truth be told, I'm going to look and see if any of y'all have updated your blogs first. I need a break.

***Update***

Got part way through a fourth, then Tot woke up.

2 comments:

Sisyphus said...

I hear ya! Though my problem these days is that I piss away the weekend on random stuff instead of prioritizing and getting through the really important stuff. I can't even tell what is the really important stuff at the moment. Sigh.

Tiger Mom PhD said...

For me it really depends on the day - some days sleeping extra time does me a world of good. Other days I need to take those couple of hours and just be productive. I feel so much better after doing so.

So glad you got work done and you took a little break to read blogs. Sounds like it worked out well for you.