Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Compromise

Today, everything in my life seems like a compromise. A compromise in which I've had to give up something important or several important things in order to have what I have. Today, I wonder if these compromises are worth it, whether what I have is worth having. In all this, thank God for Tot's smile and jubilance, without which things would be a whole hell of a lot worse.

How can I tell whether these compromises are worth it, just the cost of doing business, just the way it is and I should toughen up and not be such a whiner? My feeling about this fluctuates. Today, well, today just sucks.

Therapy tomorrow. That's good. And that's all.

2 comments:

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Do you like the band The Indigo Girls? Their album Poseidon and the Bitter Bug has a song that says this about compromise:

"Here's what I find about compromise: Don't do it if it
Hurts inside, cause either way you're screwed, eventually
you'll find. You may as well feel good; you may as well
Have some pride." ("Second Time Around")

I think that's about the truest thing I could say about compromise. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

the indigo girls cure most things that ail me.