Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Enough Already!

I just wanted to move that bitchy post down the page. I've just finished my long-day tutoring stint -- and managed to free-write only a bit today for Chapter 3. But that's okay. It feels so nice to get back to some free-writing, to be back in the imagining process again. And this is the last chapter. Once I'm done with this, I'll have a complete first draft! I also ran into Peppy Advisor, and she said she was excited that I got her Chapter 4 -- before she even got her comments to me about the Intro and Chapters 1 and 2! So I'm still sailing along on that one for a while.

I just feel so unhealthy, sprinting to the finish line like this. I need healthy light spring food, light spring weather (did I just overhear someone saying it's supposed to snow on Friday?), exercise, sunshine, about thirty pounds to shimmy off me onto the floor, detox from the allergy and cold medicines I've been taking, and about twenty hours of sleep. And then I'll be fine.

Though actually I feel remarkably decent right now. Probably mostly because this longest workday for me is over, which means the rest of the week is much much better. Also, WSF's Poet Friend, who is now my Poet Friend, came in last night. We hung out and got drunk. I'm not as young as I used to be, because I did not feel my best today. We've been talking literature and other fun stuff. So instead of wanting to work all the time, I want to hang out and have fun. That's the Earnest English I remember!

2 comments:

gwoertendyke said...

again, i can only say, how the heck to you crank out chapters at such a clip? you are my hero!

Sisyphus said...

Having fun is fun! As is drinking over poetry.

And I agree with adjunct whore in my amazement at how fast you're moving.