Sunday, April 22, 2007

In a Valiant Effort to Not Go Insane. . .

I'm losing my mind. I worked pretty much all day, until finally I forgot that I was a person. So then I went and watched Children of Men and have now come back to assess what I have done. In order to keep me sane, I'm going back to blogging my progress, New Kid style.

1. How many minutes did you write/edit today?
Dear lord. Uh, I think from 11-2, then 4-8? I don't know. Way too many minutes!

2. How many pages/paragraphs did you write?
I wrote 2,000 words.

3.What do you feel good about?
I'm on page 20.

4. What challenges and problems do you have?
I just want to be frigging done. I'm also not sure if I'm really saying anything in the next section. I mean I'm just drawing parallels. Is it enough to draw parallels between two totally separate disciplines? Well, that's what I'm going to do.

5. Comments?
I have to figure out a way to not feel like a dissertation drone tomorrow. In some version of reality, I'm also supposed to write something for Cool Class, but I can't even imagine it. How would that even be possible at this point? Not to mention I've got some drafts to read. Please put me out of my misery.

6. What are your specific goals for tomorrow?
I really want to finish the damn chapter tomorrow. So what does that really mean? I need to go ahead and really write probably five pages, then add to and sharpen the remaining pages. I just need to get this puppy out the door. I can't stand it any longer. I already have the damn comments from the Intro and Chapters 1, 2, and 4 in a big scary folder, waiting for me to hack and slash. Oh I can't even think about it. Can I also just mention that I finally got the contract and extensive paperwork for Adventure U? I can't even begin to sink into it. Must, must, must finish Chapter 3. My other goal for tomorrow is to feel good about finishing Chapter 3.

3 comments:

Hilaire said...

Oh my god, look at you go! I know it's horrific, but you're so almost there! I hope maybe sleep renewed you...

Sisyphus said...

damn, look at all that progress!

I wrote a footnote yesterday.

At this rate I'll be done in about 10 more years. At least you're crankin' along!

gwoertendyke said...

you go....it ends, really, it does. and you are almost there, and by the way, you're amazing. writing like a fricken crazy person!!! get sleep.