Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Denial Is Not Just a River in Egypt

So, I realize now that my feeling of sort of bored freedom was actually total denial. Yes, I feel a bit freer than I have in a long time. But that is only because the dissertation, which has totally monopolized my brain in recent months, isn't demanding any immediate work. (I stayed up until 2am last night reading blogposts documenting my accrual of the symptoms of Dissertation Crunch Disease -- especially the part where nothing else is important and you don't even want to watch movies!) But really I have tons to do and yesterday I was just ignoring that. Basically procrastinating by another name. But without even the itch that I should be doing something else.

So just in case I forget again and turn again into that pompous ass (why whatever shall I do?), here's the list of things I should do:
  • Go through the accumulation of five years worth of papers.
  • Clean out school office and get rid of some books.
  • Go through clothes.
  • Write email to Adventure U.
  • Free-write notes for Dissertation Epilogue.
  • Work on Conclusions in Chapters.

But the most ridiculous thing is that I have to have a draft of the article that we're rewriting for Senior Scholar on Thursday!!! No time to talk. Panic!!! (That's the real denial. I can't believe I just sort of didn't even think about it!!!)

But first I have to go to the doctor. So afternoon self: Get to work!!!

No comments: