Saturday, May 26, 2007

Trying to Address Graduate Student Spread

So I'm beginning to feel normal for me -- that is, I start browsing the blogosphere when I wake up and can only convince myself that I should even bother to get up when I start to get hungry. I'm in a Coffeehouse in order to work and instead I'm blogging, with no desire whatsoever to do anything on that article that SS and I are working on. Pretty normal. Or I would be normal, except that I'm detoxing myself from all the chemicals and bad foods I usually eat -- coffee, sugar, dairy, basically everything that makes getting up even remotely worthwhile. And now I am at the site of my last caramel mocha -- and I.is.grumpy! What is even the point of living if you don't get to eat yummy creamy liquid chocolate? Okay, so I feel decent in my body for the first time in months. So maybe I'll actually lose some weight and won't feel like a graduate student whale. But I'm not sure that the lack of caramel mochas in my life is actually worth it. Waaaaaaaa.

Otherwise I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of crap that I put on the backburner when I was dissertating and has now become visible to me. I'm making slow progress on the vast list. Which is the only way for a list this size.

But for the record: I HATE DIETING! The question is do I hate it more than not being able to fit into my clothes? Shouldn't I be allowed one small pesky cup of chocolatey goodness? Sigh.

***Update 5:48pm***

Okay, I've written 254 words. I've decided that 250 words is my bottom limit. So I'm done, throwing in the towel. I must get back to the excitement of reading about other people's wacky weekends.

2 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Hey, I don't know about your place, but the starbucks at the conference I went to had as their special, _orange_ mochas!

You'll need to at least try one before embarking upon the quest for virtue and dieting-ness.

I thought they were good, but not as orange-y as a good tea with essential orange oils in it. Or those chocolate oranges with a real bite of orange to them.

And I still have yet to track down a caramel mocha. Soon, soon.

Earnest English said...

Oooh, I've heard of the orange mochas, but haven't had one. Honestly, Sis, I can't help myself. Even on this diet, I'm still drinking the occasional sugar-free soy cinnamon dolce latte. Not to mention wine! It's just so depressing to be so virtuous. Shouldn't I still lose weight because my general habits have radically changed? I mean, I'm not drinking caramel mochas every day now, nor am I stuffing myself with chocolate or blueberry pancakes. Or steak. Sigh.

Orange mochas. Must try. Yum.